The Howard League for Penal Reform has a strong and long history of working alongside the academic and research communities. A guiding principle of our work has been to develop new ideas and understanding of the consequences of changes and innovations in the penal system.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is currently establishing a range of initiatives to strengthen and broaden this area of work.
- Current research
- Early Career Academics Network
- Post graduate opportunities
- Recent research
- Research advisory group
- Research medal
- Research opportunities
- The Howard Journal of Criminal Justice
- The John Sunley Prize
- What if? A series of challenging pamphlets
- What is justice? Re-imagining penal policy
- Writing, research and ethics